- Gartley, L. E. (2022). CLADISTICS Ruined My Life: Fandom, Internet memes, and public engagement with science. Journal of Science Communication, 21(5). 1-20. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22323/2.21050401
- Gartley, E. (2019). Taking Action for Human Rights. In Liz Deskins (Ed.) Content Area Collaborations for Secondary Grades. Chicago, IL: American Library Association.
- Gartley, E. (2018). We All Have Jobs Here: Teaching and Learning with Multiple Intelligences in The Walking Dead. Dialogue: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Popular Culture and Pedagogy. 5(3). 19-31.
- Gartley, E. (2017). Speaking Language? The Politics of Language and Power in Saga. Studies in Comics, 8(1). 51-68.
- Gartley, E. (2014). Toward a global information culture in Samoa: Growth and challenges. World Libraries, 21(1).
- Gartley, E. (2013) Geography: Bringing the world home. In V. Harada and S. Coatney (Eds.), Inquiry and the Common Core: Librarians and Teachers Designing Teaching for Learning. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO.
- Gartley, E. (2012). Letter writing for human rights. AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database.
- Gartley, E. (2012). Taking action for human rights (unit). AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database.
- Gartley, L. E. (2021, June). Lavender cowboys: Queering country music, bluegrass and Americana. Presented at the Popular Culture Association Conference, Boston, Massachusetts USA.
- Gartley, L. E. (2020, October). Untitled videogame paper: Postmodern goat and becoming-goose. Presented at the Northeast Popular Culture Association Conference, Online.
- Gartley, E. (2015, June). LGBTQ curriculum inclusion: The role of the school library, presented at 44th Annual Conference of the International Association of School Librarianship, Maastricht, The Netherlands, June 2015. Heerlen, The Netherlands: Open Universiteit.
- Gartley, E. (2018, May). Media Studies in the Library. Presented at Maine Association of School Libraries Spring Symposium, Falmouth, ME.
- Gartley, E. (2017, April). Reading the screen: Media Literacy in the Library. Presented at Reading Round Up, Augusta, ME.
- Gartley, E. & Stanbro, J. (2017, April). Teaching Teachers: Advocating for Information Literacy Instruction. Presented at Reading Round Up, Augusta, ME.
- Chance, H., Gartley, E. & Rasely, E. (2016, April). LGBTQ Youth in Libraries. Presented at Reading Round Up, Augusta, ME.
- Gartley, E. (2015, February) Representation Matters: The School Librarian and LGBTQ Curriculum Inclusion. Presented for AASL eCOLLAB, online.