- Gartley, E. (2019, forthcoming). Taking Action for Human Rights. In Liz Deskins (Ed.) Content Area Collaborations for Secondary Grades. Chicago, IL: American Library Association.
- Gartley, E. (2018). We All Have Jobs Here: Teaching and Learning with Multiple Intelligences in The Walking Dead. Dialogue: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Popular Culture and Pedagogy. 5(3). 19-31.
- Gartley, E. (2017). Speaking Language? The Politics of Language and Power in Saga. Studies in Comics, 8(1). 51-68.
- Gartley, E. (2015, June). LGBTQ curriculum inclusion: The role of the school library, presented at 44th Annual Conference of the International Association of School Librarianship, Maastricht, The Netherlands, June 2015. Heerlen, The Netherlands: Open Universiteit.
- Gartley, E. (2014). Toward a global information culture in Samoa: Growth and challenges. World Libraries, 21(1).
- Gartley, E. (2013) Geography: Bringing the world home. In V. Harada and S. Coatney (Eds.), Inquiry and the Common Core: Librarians and Teachers Designing Teaching for Learning. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO.
- Gartley, E. (2012). Letter writing for human rights. AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database.
- Gartley, E. (2012). Taking action for human rights (unit). AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database.