- Gartley, E. (2015, June). LGBTQ curriculum inclusion: The role of the school library, presented at 44th Annual International Conference & 17th International Forum on Research in School Librarianship, Maastricht, The Netherlands, June 2015. Heerlen, The Netherlands: Open Universiteit.
- Gartley, E. (2014). "Toward a global information culture in Samoa: Growth and challenges." World Libraries. 21(1).
- Gartley, E. (2013) "Geography: bringing the world home." In V. Harada and S. Coatney (Eds.), Inquiry and the Common Core: Librarians and Teachers Designing Teaching for Learning. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO.
- Gartley, E. (2012). "Letter writing for human rights." AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database.
- Gartley, E. (2012). "Taking action for human rights (unit)." AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database.